Here is a chart of the seven chakras colours and audio frequencies.
This is the website of the book, New Brain, New World by Erik Hoffmann, which includes information on EEG, meditation, etc.
In a reference reading, Brain Mapping: A Short Guide to Interpretation, Philosophy and Future, by Eric R. Braverman, M.D., it summarizes the following,
- Alpha, beta – conscious processes
- Theta, delta – unconscious processes
- Beta excessive – lack of tranquility
- Alpha absence – lack of creativity, imagination
- Alpha excessive – overly compulsive
- Theta, delta deficiencies – lack of tranquility
- Theta, delta excessive – lack of arousal
The Nerosky EEG band frequencies information is available here. In summary,
- Delta: 1-3Hz
- Theta: 4-7Hz
- Alpha1: 8-9Hz
- Alpha2: 10-12Hz
- Beta1: 13-17Hz
- Beta2: 18-30Hz
- Gamma1: 31-40Hz
- Gamma2: 41-50Hz
Terence W. Picton has written this introductory text on electroencephalogram (EEG).
Neuro Gadget is the first information website dedicated to brain computer interfaces, biofeedback system, etc.
Axio is another startup company working on brain computer interface as headband.
This is an existing work I have done for the Anti-national Education event. It is created with Processing. Have fun.
In preparing the project, I have the idea of blending Yoga, Kundalini Yoga in particular to try out the brainwave patterns in the process. Here is a free resource to Kundalini Yoga.